Monday, June 25, 2007

"We Baptists don't save chickens"

From Zev Chafets' appreciation of the Rev. Jerry Falwell:
One of the country’s leading Pentecostal figures broke off relations after Falwell publicly sneered at her effort to heal a chicken through faith. “We Baptists don’t save chickens, we eat them,” he told her.
I really wanted to work this into my story "Unique Chicken Goes in Reverse," soon to appear in Jonathan Strahan's Eclipse anthology, but as the story mostly takes place before Falwell was born, I finally gave up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Falwell was a laugh riot. Looking forward to your story, Andy.

Jeff Ford

Richard Parks said...

Or as Grouch Marx MIGHT have said, "I never speak ill of the dead, but in his case I'll make an exception."

Sounds like a great anthology.